Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Custom Favor Boxes

I got this idea from the Spellbinders make and take at ScrapFest this year.  Instead of using their tree Nestability, I used the Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge and set it up in Design Studio so I could just attach the paper to the cutting mat and it would cut in the right place every time.  I bought thicker ribbon then I had wanted to, but the bows turned out nice.  This isn't the best angle to see it, but the bows were nice and plump on top of the boxes.  I covered the tree with acetate and filled the box with plain M&Ms.

The first person that ordered them loved how they turned out and I'm doing the other delivery tonight.  I hope she likes them too!


I can see these being used for other holidays and events too.  You could to a wedding bell, a cupcake, an Easter bunny or basket or any other number of shapes.  I'm actually giving myself ideas for my own holidays.

If you are interested in ordering a custom item, feel free to contact me via email or by leaving a comment on my blog.  I will always try to accomodate orders!

Stay tuned for some custom journals I made for someone to give as Christmas gifts and later this week I'll post a picture of the Christmas card I mailed out for our family this year.