Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Idea Book

Awhile ago I decided to create an idea book where I could write things down as I came across them, cut inspiration out of magazines, print things off and keep a list of websites that have challenges and inspiration.

This is the book I started out with.....the pages inside are blank.  I am thinking it may end up looking like a Smash book inside as time goes on.


Below is the completed book.  I used some Glimmer Mist and masked out a flourish/leaf pattern and then used a border bunch around the outside of the paper.  The "ideas" letters are Tim Holtz Grungeboard letters sprayed with Glimmer Mist.  The rhinestone flourish used an Imaginisce template and jewels.  Because I didn't have the correct tip for my dremel sander, I did not prep the spots where the jewels would be adhered.  You can see that this book has a shiny/glossy surface, and this can cause issues with the glue holding.  I've already lost several of the jewels off of it, so I would recommend not ignoring that step.  By sanding the spots you give the glue a rougher surface to grab onto and that way you won't lose your jewels.


So far I am really liking this book and I'm curious to see where it will take me.

Supplies:  Mead Sketchbook, white cardstock, Glimmer Mist: Jack Frost and Creme de Chocolat, Chipboard photo corners, Flowers: Floradoodles and Making Memories, button.

No comments: